The coordinating Panel
The coordinating Panel decides on the complaints concerning issues of particular significance or that have given or could give rise to inconsistent decisions by the seven territorial Panels.
Pending the decisions of the Coordination Board, the Chairs of the Territorial Panels defer the handling of complaints filed that involve the same issue.
The coordinating Panel establishes a principle of law that is binding for the territorial Panels in all future disputes involving the same issue. When a panel intends to deviate from a decision taken by the coordinating Panel, it must state the reasons for deciding on a different solution.
The coordinating Panel is composed of:
- three of the seven Chairs of the territorial panels.
- one member designated by the Banking and Financial Conciliator (Conciliatore BancarioFinanziario) (association representing financial intermediaries) belonging to one of the territorial Panels.
- one member designated by the associations representing customers belonging to one of the territorial Panels.
The members of the coordinating Panel and its alternate members are chosen by lot on a yearly basis, as provided for by the Bank of Italy.
For the year 2021, the coordinating Panel is composed of the following effective members:
- Flavio Lapertosa - Chair of the Milan Panel (and Chair of the coordinating Panel because of his seniority);
- Bruno De Carolis - Chair of the Bari Panel;
- Emanuele Cesare Lucchini Guastalla - Chair of the Turin Panel.
Effective members designated by the associations representing customers and intermediaries:
- Giuseppe Vascellaro - Member of the Palermo Panel selected by the CNCU (for disputes concerning consumers);
- Chiara Silvestri - Member of the Naples Panel selected by the Banking and Financial Conciliator;
- Marco Lamandini - Member of the Bologna Panel selected by Confindustria in agreement with Confcommercio, Confagricoltura and Confartigianato (for disputes concerning non-consumers).
The alternate members selected by the associations representing customers and intermediaries:
- Pietro Sirena - Chair of the Rome Panel
- Maria Rosaria Maugeri - Chair of the Palermo Panel
- Fabrizio de Francesco - Member of the Turin Panel selected by the CNCU (for disputes concerning consumers);
- Mario Campobasso - Member of the Naples Panel selected by Confindustria in agreement with Confcommercio, Confagricoltura and Confartigianato (for disputes concerning firms).
In the event of the absence, abstention or impediment of the Chair of the Coordinating Panel, the relative functions are carried out by the more senior of the two Chairs who are also part of the Panel. In the event of the absence, abstention or impediment of the other members, the relative functions are carried out by the alternate members.